SECURITY BOND OPTIONS & EXCLUSIONS
When it comes to security bond options it can get quickly very confusing…so let’s talk about it and provide as much information as we can for you.
Basically, the security bond is how much you need to have available on your Visa/Mastercard credit card (please note that we don’t accept cash cards) at the time you hire your vehicle. We will pre-authorise this amount, which means placing a hold on the funds for approximately 14 days, we do not actually deduct the funds at this time.
In the event your vehicle or third-party property is damaged, the amount of the security bond will be deducted from your credit card account and you will need to pre-authorise a 2nd security bond before you continue with your hire.
You can choose different options to reduce the amount of your security bond as outlined below.
IMPORTANT: In the event any damage is caused to your vehicle or third-party property by you breaching our Terms and Conditions or the damage is caused due to one of the Exclusions listed below, the amount that is payable by you could be in excess of the security bond that you have chosen.
STANDARD PROTECTION – $0/DAY – $3500 SECURITY BOND
If you choose our Standard Protection package your security bond is $3,500. This is our default package and is included in your daily hire rate. On pick-up we will freeze the amount of $3,500 on your credit card for approximately 14 days from the pick-up date.
Under this option, you will also be responsible for the full cost of damage caused by Single Vehicle Rollovers or the market value of the vehicle if a Write Off up to a maximum amount of $50,000.
PROTECTION PLUS – Sation Wagon $30/DAY; Campervans $35/DAY – $0 SECURITY BOND
If you choose the Protection Plus package your security bond is $0.
This options includes cover for one windscreen replacements and two tyre replacements on road.
Under this option, you will also be responsible for the cost of damage caused by Single Vehicle Rollovers or Write Offs up to a maximum amount of $10,000.
PROTECTION PLUS VALUE PACK - Station Wagons $35/DAY; Campervans $45/DAY - $0 SECURITY BOND
If you choose the Protection Plus package your security bond is $0. To reduce your security bond to $0 you need to pay an extra $30/day (for the 1st 50 days only – afterwards it is for free). On pick-up we will take an imprint of your credit card – no amounts will be frozen on your credit card.
This option gives you included cover for one extra driver.
This Protection Plus package also includes cover for single vehicle roll-overs and write-offs (something many other rental companies don’t cover).
This option also includes two camp chairs, an external table and prepaid gas for campervans.
At all times the Hirer is fully responsible for all fees, damages, expenses and/or costs for:
- Loss or damage caused by or resulting from a breach of the terms of this Agreement by the Hirer (including any authorised driver).
- Loss or damage caused due to use of the Vehicle in contravention of clause 11, 22 or 25 of this Agreement.
- Damage caused to the Vehicle by not driving in a prudent and cautious manner.
- Damage caused to the Vehicle by driving on unsealed roads or beach driving.
- Damage caused to the Vehicle in any way by part or total water submersion including in flood water, river water, salt water, or any other source of water.
- Damage caused to the Vehicle by the Hirer’s wilful conduct or reckless e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the Vehicle.
- Damage caused to the Vehicle due to use of incorrect or contaminated fuel.
- Damage caused due to the use or misuse of snow chains.
- Damage or loss caused to any personal belongings.
- Damage to the awning, overhead (roof) or under-body of the Vehicle.
- Damage caused to the Vehicle because the Hirer has failed to perform tyres checks and maintain all fluid and fuel levels or failed to immediately rectify or report to us any defect of which you become aware.
- All costs to replace keys which have become lost, broken, damaged, stolen or of retrieval of keys which been locked in the Vehicle, or where the Vehicle has been stolen due to it being unlocked.
- Loss or damage caused where it is deemed by local authorities to have been careless or willful in failing to comply with any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic, resulting in damage to the hired Vehicle and/or Third-Party Vehicle or any other property.
- Damage caused by the Hirer’s failure to take reasonable measures for the safety of the Vehicle, its parts or accessories, or failure to comply with all restrictions on the use of the Vehicle or otherwise abuse or misuse of it.
- The cost of recovering the Vehicle in the event it becomes stuck or bogged in wet ground, sand or mud.
- Damage to or loss of personal belongings of the Hirer or any other person within the Vehicle
For more details on all our Security Bond Options and Exclusions, please refer to our Terms and Conditions, which can be found here:
Click here for the full Australian Terms and Conditions
Click here for the full New Zealand Terms and Conditions