The on-board freshwater system is pressurized by a self-priming, 12-volt DC pump. The pump operates automatically when the pump power switch is ON and a faucet is opened. When the faucet is closed turn the pump off. A fuse at the electrical panel protects the pump circuit. It can run dry for extended periods without damage.
Turn the pump master switch ON to pressurize the system. When a faucet is opened after the initial filling of the tank, the water may sputter for a few seconds. This is normal and is not cause for concern. The water flow will become steady when all air is bled from the water lines.
WATER PUMP FILTER
Dirt, mineral scale, and organic matter are filtered out of the freshwater system by an in-line water filter on the inlet side of the water pump. If you suspect a clogged filter, it is easily removed and cleaned.
The water pump filter should be serviced when the freshwater tank is empty. Water may continue to drain from the water tank when the filter is removed for service.
1. Loosen the clamp at the inlet end of the filter.
2. Pull the water line off the filter.
3. Unscrew the filter from the water pump.
4. Turn each end of the filter and pull apart.
5. Flush out and clean screen.
6. Reverse procedure to install.
7. Operate the water pump and check for leaks.