Firstly, we are sorry to hear your fridge is not working as expected. Find your issue below and let’s do a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can fix the problem.
Fridge is not working?
If the fridge and your other 12v appliances (interior lights, USB, water pump) are not working, try the following.
- Check the Master Power switch is in the “On” position (Green Marker)
- Check the Fridge Power dial is turned up to 5 & the green light is on
- Kuga fridge temperature dial is on the external side of the fridge
(if your fridge is Black). (5 = Coldest & 1 =Warmest).
(if your fridge is Silver). (Big Blue Circle = Coldest & Small Blue Circle = Warmest)
Do you have a dead battery?
Plug into a powered campsite tonight. We recommend that you plug in every 2 to 3 days to fully recharge the secondary battery.
If the fridge is not working but the other appliances are it is likely to be a blown fuse. Next to your house battery is a box with four fuses. If you are lucky they are labelled! If not you will need to go through them one by one. A fuse is used for the protection of the power system. It will be the first part to break if there has been a momentary surge in power. Thankfully it is also an easy part to replace!
Check the fridge fuse by removing it and holding it to the light. If the fuse has blown the metal wire inside will be broken. If it is broken replace this fuse and your water pump should work again. You can buy new fuse (10amp) from a petrol station or hardware store. They are very cheap. Please keep a tax receipt of the purchase and we will refund you. In the short term you can exchange the fuse from an item you are not using such as the USB charger. If the new fuse blows again the next time you turn on the fridge there is a bigger issue and you will need to contact us for assistance. Our contact details are listed at the bottom of this page.
Fridge is working but not getting cold?
If the green light is on and the fridge is not getting cold
- Check the Fridge Power dial is turned up to 5 and the green light is on.
- Place your hand inside the cooler box/freezer box and if the surface is cold the fridge is operating.
- If your fridge is too full, the air can't flow in the fridge and it will not be able to cool your food properly.
- If the weather is extremely hot the fridge may struggle to keep cold during the day when opening the door frequently, check the fridge first thing in the morning to see if cold.
Fridge is noisy or loud?
This is perfectly normal, it's the compressor keeping the fridge cold. At night this can appear to be very loud when everything is quiet and you are trying to get some sleep. Also, bear in mind that you don't normally sleep this close to your fridge at home.
At night, turn the dial on the fridge down to level 1 or off to reduce the noise, it will still keep everything cold as long as the door stays shut during the night.
In the morning, turn the dial back up to 3 to 5 depending upon how hot it is.
Still having trouble?
If you are in need of further assistance, please contact us and we can perform further troubleshooting. All options for contacting us are listed at the bottom of this page.