The 240v system in your campervan charges your house battery, powers your power outlets (sockets) and your microwave.
If your van is connected to the campsite but you believe it is not getting power as it should, please try the following troubleshooting.
- Check the RCD/safety switch in the van is in the on position.
- Check the power sockets are on and working - connect a phone charger or other appliance to test. If the power sockets are working but the microwave doesn't turn on, please read this guide.
Can't find the RCD/Safety Switch?
The Hi5 RCD/Safety switch is located in the corner cupboard in the kitchen area or above the sink depending on the model.
The KUGA, Hitop and Budget RCD/Safety switch is located on the side of the kitchen bench.
The Chubby RCD/Safety switch is located under the seat of living area, beside the house 12v battery, on the wall at the drivers side.
Budgie RCD/Safety switch is located above the rear bench of the living area, on the wall at the drivers side.
If the safety switch is in the up position but your power sockets and microwave are not on:
- Check the connection point on the outside of the van. The power lead must be fully and firmly plugged in. Check if the prongs on the side of the van are loose or uneven, or look too short. If the prongs are loose, uneven or sunken, you can pull them out with your fingers or pliers until you feel them click into place and plug in again.
- Check there is power coming from the power pole. Check the RCD/safety switch on the pole is in the up position. Connect another appliance to the pole to test. If there is no power from the power pole, ask the campsite to rectify or move you to another site.
- Check your power lead is working. If everything seems to be working with the van and the power pole, your power lead might be the problem. You can check this by connecting an appliance directly to the end of the lead while connected to the power pole or asking another camper to try their lead (please note: New Zealand you might have to ask another Travellers Autobarn camper as other vans might not have the same connection). If after testing you find the lead is not working:
- If you are in Australia: You can buy another lead at Bunnings and keep the receipt so we can refund you when you return.
- If you are in New Zealand: It is harder to find shops that stock this lead in New Zealand. Please contact our customer care team so we can direct you to the best and most convenient solution for your location.
If you can't solve the issue through troubleshooting or have any other questions, please contact our Customer Care team. All our contact options can be found at the bottom of this page.